Thursday, 27 June 2013
This also means that I will no longer blog on blogspot :(, so if you have been following me here, please check me out on www.friendlynettle.com. There are many things to come on the new website, like your own craft community profile and many more exciting projects to do (in more organised manner).
Thanks again for following me so far!
Friday, 21 June 2013
Ingredients: 20 heads freshly picked elderflowers
60g citric acid or lemon salt (I bought mine in one of the Turkish shops in London)
1. Cut the flowers and place them in large bowl or saucepan.
2. Add sliced lemons and citric acid
3. In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat the sugar and water until it boils and then allow to boil for about 5 minutes to form a thin syrup
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Monday, 17 June 2013
Sunday, 16 June 2013
Today we were celebrating Father's Day, so we baked (and eaten) so many delicious cakes for this beautiful occasion.
"ROLO" PEANUT-BUTTER CUPCAKESMakes 12
For the base (adopted from Peyton and Byrne "British Baking" book)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 110g softened butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml buttermilk (or 50ml milk mixed with 50ml yogurt)
For the deco (used basic buttercream mixed with peanut butter)
- 85g softened butter
- 120g icing
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
- 65g peanut butter
- 12 "Rolo" chocolates
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and line 12-hole muffin tin with baking cases.
2. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, then remove from heat and set aside.
3. In the bawl, cream the butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy. Incorporate eggs, chocolate melted chocolate, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and buttercream together. Mix well after each addition, however if you are using electric mixer (so glad I have it!) you can mix everything in one go. 4. Divide the mixture into 12 baking cases. Bake the cakes for about 15min or until they are springy to touch.
5. To make peanut-butter frosting cream butter and icing sugar together. Mix in peanut-butter and vanilla extract. Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with round tip (or other shape if you prefer) and pipe swirls onto the cupcakes. Top it with the "Rolo".
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
I just came back from Lithuania where I took short trip to Kuršiu Nerija National Park (my favourite place in the world) with my friends and Vickie's parents. The cool thing about Kuršiu Nerija is that it is situated on Curonian Spit surrounded by Baltic Sea on one side and Curonian Lagoon on the other. I especially like nature there. Subtle seaside colours have been inspiration to me for years and it still amazes me every time! However... I will start with the village which is quite cute too xx
So many fun activities at the beach!
Good things come to an end. I had to take a bus home :(
I am wishing you a wonderful Summer Holiday season! xx