I recently fell in love with Pinterest. They say this social website is going to be the next Facebook! I totally agree, however my friend disagree as she is a hardcore Facebook-er. But I bet when Pinterest becomes more popular she will convert. Anyway, the cool think about Pinterest is that is so visual as people "pin" their crafty decor ideas, fashion and of course deliciously looking bakes in picture form.... so when I was looking for Easter ideas, I "repinned" on my profile these speckled Easter eggs...
These Cadbury cream cookie cups have been pinned by Katrina (http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/2012/03/cadbury-cream-cookie-cups.html) , but I edited the recipe slightly. I don't know about you, but I find the cadbury eggs a little bit sickly... however these cups taste heavenly....
CADBURY CREAM COOKIE CUPS
Ingredients: 125g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
125g (3/4 cup) light brown sugar
1 egg (beaten)
200g (1 3/4 cups) flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp coco powder
50g flaked chocolate bar (I used milk chocolate)
50g chopped nuts (I did it with coconut flakes since I had none in my cupboard)
(for the cream)
25g (6 tsp) unsalted butter
85g (1/4 cup) honey flavored agave nectar or runny honey
260g (2 cups) icing sugar
2 tbsp water
yellow food colouring
1. Cream butter with soft brown sugar, then add egg and combine well.
2. Add flour, baking powder, salt, coco powder, chocolate and nuts and mix again.
3. Grease muffin pan with little butter and spoon cookie mixture into it and press it in so it creates a cup.
4. Bake for 10-13min until firm. Let cool for 15 min in the pan and remove them by gently twisting them with your fingers. Let cool completely.
5. In the bowl combine agave nectar and softened butter. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Remove about 1/3 of cream and dye with yellow food colouring.
6. Pour white cream into the cookie cups. Finish off with small of yellow cream.
Happy Easter :)